Tips to Stress Less this Holiday Season
Before you have a meltdown this holiday season, consider some of these simple self-care tips to help you reduce stress and cope with the chaos.
With the holidays in full swing, it’s easy for stress levels to hit overload. Between jam-packed schedules in the salon, a waitlist full of anxious clients trying to squeeze in, and balancing a life at home, it’s easy to lose it. Before you have a meltdown this holiday season, consider some of these simple self-care tips to help you reduce stress and cope with the chaos. Prepare yourself for a busy day:
• Get a good night’s sleep, so you are fresh and ready for the day.
• Have a balanced breakfast so you can stay fueled up longer.
• Keep a filled water bottle with you as a reminder to stay hydrated.
• Take healthy snacks with you so you can keep up your energy.
• Wear comfortable shoes so your feet won’t ache later.
While at work:
• Watch your caffeine intake - you want to be alert, not jittery.
• Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
• Fuel up with healthy snacks and light meals.
• Avoid sugary snacks and fatty meals.
• Get off your feet whenever possible.
• Take a walk on your break to clear your head.
• Find someplace quiet to meditate for 10 minutes.
• Use breathing techniques to help destress.
When things get especially hectic, remember to breathe. Try this: Take a deep breath, hold it to a count of five, then breathe out to a count of five. Repeat as needed until you feel calm.
Learn more about our easy marketing solutions
We offer customizable emails and automated marketing. Connect with individual clients or communicate with everyone. So many choices at your fingertips.