Creating a plan for product recommendations
You can send a personalized Product Recommendation anytime during the client journey. However, you’ll want a strategy that makes sense for how you work and when your clients might be the most receptive.
You can send a personalized Product Recommendation anytime during the client journey. However, you’ll want a strategy that makes sense for how you work and when your clients might be the most receptive. Here are some of the optimal times to prescribe home care:
- Sending a Product Recommendation before a client’s appointment is a great option. Each morning, review the services for that day and send your prescription for home care ahead of appointments.
- If a service requires specific products for your client to prepare for the salon or spa visit, send instructions and a Product Recommendation well in advance of the appointment.
- If your salon offers curbside check-in, consider sending a quick Product Recommendation while your client waits. That way, they can review their options and know they can make a purchase when it’s convenient for them.
Mention your online store and the option to shop 24/7 during your initial client consultation. From there, help clients shop for the products and tools they will need for aftercare and to recreate their look at home. Here are some great times to follow through:
- Before styling, show your client what products you’ll use on them. Ask them to visit your store and place everything in a shopping cart for later review. As a reminder, send those same products in a Product Recommendation.
- While your client’s color is processing, send a Product Recommendation for color care. Let them know it’s coming and explain how important home care is for chemically-treated hair. Explain any maintenance needed to keep their hair healthy and prepared for their next chemical treatment.
- For texture services, let your clients know that aftercare is a vital part of the process. Every time someone books an appointment for texture services, send a Product Recommendation either during the service or immediately after.
- During or immediately after styling, let your clients touch, smell, or even hold any of the styling products in their hands. Explain what each product does and how to use it. If they do not purchase the product before leaving the salon, send those same products in a Product Recommendation through your online store.
- During the holidays or when you know your client is looking for gift ideas, send them a Product Recommendation for gift sets or specific items you think they’d like to give.
- Suggest daily care products through your online store to your last client before your next one arrives.
- If clients leave the salon without purchasing home care, make it a point to send your prescription through your online store as a Product Recommendation.
- If your client just left and you forgot to prescribe color or texture care, send a quick Product Recommendation through your online store.
Re-engage clients who haven't been in for a while by inviting them to stock up on their favorite products with a Product Recommendation through your online store.These are just a few ideas on how to best use Product Recommendations. Ultimately it comes down to finding a plan that works best for you and making adjustments as needed based on the client. No matter how you choose to do it, just be sure to make Product Recommendations a daily habit.
Learn more about our easy marketing solutions
We offer customizable emails and automated marketing. Connect with individual clients or communicate with everyone. So many choices at your fingertips.